- Work is crazy. I work in a two-doctor practice, just me and another woman who also has a 3-year-old. She just went on maternity leave last week with #2, so for the next 3 months...I'm the only doc in the clinic. All day, everyday. I know it's temporary, but my perfect little schedule has been thrown somewhat out of whack, and I now have to work every Saturday. Not to mention the gnawing worry I have about what I'll do if J gets sick over the next couple months - since I'm the only vet I can't exactly call in unless it's a truly dire emergency. Oh, to be a working mom. Thank God (again) for TH.
- I turned 32 a couple of days ago. I still feel 25. Moving on.
- For the big 3-2 I flew to Denver over the weekend and surprised my twin sister - she had no idea I was coming. The two of us and our younger sis had a FABULOUS "Girls Only" weekend at a FABULOUS hotel in downtown Denver. We basically hung out, talked, watched the Oscars while eating chocolates and drinking champagne, and attempted to eat our way through Denver in 3 days. Sadly this is the first time since J was born that I've gotten away by myself for a "Girls Weekend." I think I need to do this, oh, I don't know, like every WEEK. If only. More on our weekend tomorrow.
- I'm *almost* done with J's Big Boy Room. We transferred him into the Big Boy Bed at Christmas, and I've been planning this big post with before-and-after pictures and close-ups of all the details...except as usual I bit off a little more than I could chew with a large hand-painted mural project on his closet doors. It looks great so far, but it's not...quite...finished. Surprise surprise.
- J is still not potty-trained. Although there is light at the end of the tunnel - for some reason he's willing to use the potty at daycare all of a sudden. I'm tempted to offer my daycare lady more money if she'll just take over the whole thing for me. Just kidding. Kind of.
- I'm so excited! We get to have a photo shoot with Lesley (fellow blogger who is also a photographer) this weekend!! Thanks to LauraC who told me about a little giveaway contest on Lesley's blog a few weeks ago that I inexplicably won. THANK YOU LAURA FOR THAT HEADS UP!
- I'll end with a "kids say the cutest things" story. J has 2 music boxes in his room on his bookshelf. So lately he's been in the habit of starting up these music boxes when he's getting ready for bed - it's very cute, he's making his own ritual. Last night he started both music boxes at the same time and then came and got me, and when we got into his room he pointed at them and said, "Look, now they're both singing!"
Practice makes perfect
7 years ago