I didn't make any real "resolutions" at New Year's this year, so instead I have a few goals between now and my next birthday. By the time I'm 34:
- I would like to run at least 2 more 5K's and start thinking about a half marathon. Of course this would mean I have to start running again. I've been walking and lifting weights, and I plan to start running again once Jr. is 6 months old (I'm just so paranoid about doing anything that will diminish my milk supply).
- In conjunction with my first goal, I'd really like to lose this last bit of pregnancy weight. For once in my life I'm not overly worried about it, though. Since losing weight with Weight Watchers last year I feel like I have a good handle on the "right" way to lose weight. I started W.W. again a couple of weeks ago and already I'm back in good habits and shedding pounds.
- I really, really, really want to get away for a weekend without my husband and kids. Bless their hearts, I love them but it's been awhile since I had some "me" time. Can I do this without guilt? Probably not but I'm still going to do it.
- I need to decide once and for all if I'm going to try to go back and do a residency. Now that I'm 6 years out of vet school, I've been coming across classmates of mine (some younger than me) who pursued the specialist route and now they're all board-certified and published and all accomplished and stuff. This year I really need to figure out if I can feel ok with my own accomplishments (i.e. kids) and lay to rest the desire to be a specialist, or if it's time for me to say what the heck and look into another 3-4 years of schooling. (The very thought makes me shudder so I'm thinking I already know how I feel about this one).
- Debt free, except for student loans, mortgage, and car payment. We're close now. I think this is totally attainable within the next few months.
And finally...I'm going to eat a pomegranate. When I was writing about making baby food and how J is a picky eater, TH said, "Well, you're a picky eater." And he's kind of right. I do have a fairly long list of foods I don't like, mostly fruits. I don't know why. I love a good vegetable, but other than plain old bananas/apples/oranges/grapes I just can't get into fruits. Strawberries? No, I've never liked the flavor. Plums? Weird texture. Mango? Too slimy. Kiwi? God, no. Gag. Peaches, raspberries, and pineapple? Only in yogurt or baked in a dessert. But the worst offender is the pomegranate, with all those little seeds!! Gah, my stomach clenches thinking about them, they skeeve me out that much. So this year...I'm doing it. Maybe.