The terrible 2's are upon us in a big way, but the development has been astounding too, and J is SO MUCH fun to be around now (for the most part. He has his moments.) I found his baby book the other day and I'm going to fashion this entry like the monthly pages in the book:
Date: February 1 2008 Height: ? umm, maybe 34"? Weight: I think around 27-28lbs.
Sleeping patterns: 11-12 hours straight through the night! Yeah! I'm a sleep rock star now. I even take a 2-3 hour nap every day.
Eating habits: Picky, picky, picky. As always. Juiceaholic.
New foods I liked: Yeah right. I don't like new food. I may not like today what I liked yesterday.
New discoveries I made: Taking my clothes off, playing with Play-doh, Nick Jr. website where I can listen to the "radio" and hear the Go Diego Go song over and over for an hour straight.
- Counting from 1 to 10 by myself, being able to identify all of the numbers by sight, being able to read the words blue, yellow, red, green, and Jackson.
- Talking in 2-4 word sentences such as "phone broken," "fire hot," "I see you Mommy," "waffles and syrup", etc.
- Opening the refrigerator so I can pull out breakable jars (all by myself!).
- Getting water out of the water dispenser. Well maybe not "getting water" so much as "flooding the kitchen."
- Pulling my step stool up to the potty by myself so I can then stand on it, turn around, and pee on the bathroom cabinets.
- This is a big one -- figuring out how to turn off Mommy's "keyguard" on her cell phone if I push enough buttons.
- Wiping my own nose and sometimes blowing it. Or pulling 5 feet of tissue off the roll so I can take one square and smear snot all over my face singing "wipe nose, wipe nose".
Places I went: Daycare, church, restaurants, the mall, pretty much everywhere Mommy and Daddy go. I've even walked through a couple of casinos. I didn't win anything though.Special friends I made: I'm REALLY attached to my friend Bobby the gloworm and Kurkle the turtle. Like so attached that when Bobby's batteries wore out at bedtime I had no choice but to pitch a monster fit until Daddy found some batteries in the remote.
Photo of Me at 21 months: