Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Their brains get bigger everyday...

J can count to 3 now. I don't mean he can SAY "one, two, three" -- he's been doing that all the way up to twenty for awhile now. I mean he can COUNT. Example: This morning I heard him wake up and start talking to all of his toys, and saying, "bee-tees, bee-tees" which means "binky." I know it doesn't sound like it, but that's what it means. Anyway I went into his room and he was standing up in his crib with a binky in each hand (yes, he sleeps with at least 2 binkies. No, we're not breaking that habit yet.) And he looked from hand to hand, then looked at me and said, "TWO bee-tees!" He then proceeded to look around his bed, making proclamations: "TWO bankets!" "ONE kurkle!" It was like that scene in The Miracle Worker where she suddenly gets it -- I could almost see the light bulb going on over his head.

Then this morning he was in the backseat of the car and told me that he had three books, which was true. Once again, I know I'm a first time mom so I'm easily impressed, but come on. You have to admit this kid is looking more and more like a genius everyday.

2 comments:

deebo47 said...

He sounds like a genius in the making to me, and why not? He has two genius parents :) This is what I love the most about being a mom. Watching the kids grow and learn and discover how to do things is so exciting, and it never gets old. I remember when Xavier first learned the alphabet and began to read. It was so exciting! I can't believe Jackson is almost 2. It seems like he was just born yesterday. Next thing you know he'll be hanging out with his buddies and wishing for his first car...

Anonymous said...

Yes it is quite exciting seeing those little brains start to figure things out... I remember when our youngest came home from school and her excitement at realizing that her last name was the same as one of the colors in a box of crayons...lol