Wednesday, February 27, 2008

You may have noticed the posts are kind of sporadic lately. Because we still don't have the internet up and running, and that's because...we're still waiting to close on the house. I won't go into the gory details except to say that I have probably lost a few pounds from stress (or maybe gained a few pounds...we packed the bathroom scale 3 weeks ago LOL). I guess the good part is that without TV and internet to hypnotize -- I mean, occupy -- me, I have read several books that were waiting on my nightstand, almost finished the sweater I began knitting for J 4 months ago (of course being Vegas now it's too warm for him to wear it), and I have gone to the gym ALOT. Believe it or not I've discovered that I LOVE SPINNING. You know, the really hard class where you're on a stationary spin bike and you sweat like you're in a sauna the whole time? Yeah, that one - I love it. I wish I could do it every day, it's that much fun for me.

It doesn't hurt that yesterday for the first time a client actually noticed my weight loss efforts. This was a lady who I haven't seen if a few months, and while I was examining her dog she said, "Dr. E, I hope it doesn't bother you for me to say this but you look like you've lost a lot of weight." That's right, she said "a lot" of weight. Thankfully she didn't turn it into a back-handed compliment and add, "You look SO MUCH better." I was high from that for the rest of the day.



In J news...he's addicted to syrup. I've been worried about his eating habits, because he's VERY picky and yesterday his Daycare Lady told me she thinks he's getting "too skinny." But syrup, well, that we can always depend on. This morning he actually ate 3 mini-blueberry muffins that I got up and made before work in a random fit of domesticity, and of course, he had to have syrup with them. Then he proceeded to "drink" the syrup off of his plate, and asked with perfect pronunciation for "More syrup, please, Mommy."

No comments: