Monday, March 3, 2008

A case of the Mondays.

I'm ba-aack....we don't have any internet right now due to the Interminably Long Closing Process on the New House, so I've been away from the computer for a few days. A few fun but loooong days. I think we're all getting a little stir-crazy from living in a packed-up house with no TV, internet, or DVD's except what we get from Blockbuster (yep we packed up the DVD players and DVD's too. Trying to be &*$#@ "proactive" and get packed up in a timely fashion, look where that got us...). It seems like by 4pm every day we're out of activities, and believe me, we do alot. We've been going to the park every day, sometimes twice a day, we have craft time with watercolors and stickers, we've used the PlayDoh so much that it's grimy and crumbly, all of the books have been read ad nauseum, and in 3 days we managed to go to Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Trader Joe's, a Chinese restaurant, and Barnes and Noble, and STILL by the afternoon we end up lazing around watching the oblivious cats play in moving boxes. It's not so much J but the grownups. I'm starting to realize (disturbingly) how much time the adults in our house spend watching TV and jacking around on the internet. And as if the boredom isn't enough, there's the underlying current of tension for me and TH as we drag this thing out longer and longer, wondering when we will ever be able to move into this fricking house already. (Not today, by the way.)

I never thought I'd feel this way on a Monday, but I was SO HAPPY today wasn't a day off. We all had a legit reason to be out of the house for 8 hours. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my schedule now that I get a 3-day weekend every week, but by Monday I'm worn out and going to work seems like a mini-vacation. Even J seemed to need some away time. This morning he was completely cooperative about getting dressed and out the door, and when we got to daycare he lit up like a Christmas tree, flipping me a little disinterested wave over his shoulder as he ran off with his friends to...to...umm, to do whatever it is that a bunch of toddlers do all day.

TGIM -- no, seriously.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

I do not envy you hanging out WAITING!! That sucks. I also watch too much tv and spend too much time on the internet. I've been trying to change that, which is why I had no time to comment and say

Happy birthday!
And I love spinning too!

Anonymous said...

I concur. I enjoy my job and it is somewhat of an escape. Though I'm sure once we close this thing, I will desiree to be at home as much as possible. Of course, with all of our stuff unpacked.

And the whole J calling me by my first name thing, not cool people. Not cool at all. Funny to others, but not to me. Drives me up a dadgum wall.