Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Pledge

I just copied this from my twin sister's blog. We had an interesting conversation this past weekend about the "Mommy Wars" and long story short, she hit the nail on the head. So here is the pledge she wrote and I think every mom should post it where she can see it, especially before talking to or dealing with other moms:

I will not sit in judgment of other mothers.


I will be supportive and understanding when I see someone else having a bad day, struggling with their child’s behavior, etc.


I will acknowledge that we all love our children and we’re all doing the best we can to raise them, but we will all make mistakes sometimes.


I will remember that parenthood is a journey, not a race or contest, and it is full of twists and turns, and more than anything else, full of lessons to learn.


I will remain strong in my faith in myself as a mother and not let others make me feel incompetent or unsure.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Love the pledge, you have a smart sister!

Karla said...

Thanks for posting this. I copied it and posted it on my blog too. :)