Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday Randomness

It's been a super crazy week at work and I haven't had much time to post, although alot has been on my mind lately. So today just a few tidbits of what's been floating around in my brain recently:

  • Other than the diapers, J really isn't a baby anymore. He can talk so well now (recent sentence: "Mommy look, a big truck moving the dirt."), he can sing (see previous post), he can count to 20 without prompting, he can jump with both feet and run and kick a ball, he can pet the cats without strangling them...

  • J is starting to like superheroes. We got him a Spiderman scooter last week which he LOVES, and when I pointed it out in the store he said "Hey! Piderman!" although we've never watched the movie or cartoon with him. He also somehow knows about Superman.

  • I'm in love with Alicia Keys. We went to her concert last week and it was FANTASTIC. She's my new girl-crush. Today at work I had a 3 hour surgery during which I played her most recent CD over and over again, until my techs started making the "gag me" gesture when I asked them to press repeat for the 4th time. Hey, whatever it takes to stay in the zone.

  • I just had the 4th anniversary of my graduation from vet school. Kinda weird. I still feel like a new grad alot of the time, and there are days when it seems like the cases only get harder and harder. But maybe that's because I take on more and more complicated cases now that I have some experience. I still love it, though, which is a good thing. They did a poll a couple of years ago with vets who were 5 years out of school, and over 20% (!!!) said if they had to do it again they would choose a different career -- most people don't realize how much this can be a burnout job.

  • The new commute is killing my commitment to going to the gym. It takes 25 minutes one way to get there now, and my motivation to make that drive at 9pm after a long day is dwindling away. I haven't regained any weight (yet) but I guess I've got to start running more or something because I've only made it to the gym twice in the last 8 days.

  • We're keeping the puppy I was fostering. Her name is Mimi. She's a pomeranian. I can't believe that I have a "purse dog." But I love her anyway. So now in our house it's 2 adults, a kid, 2 cats, and a puppy. Me likey.
  • I really miss Colorado. For alot of reasons, too numerous to list now. I'll probably write a really long sad post about it when we get back from our trip there next month (woo-hoo! Cabin in the mountains! Can't wait.)

Pictures of Mimi the Wonderdog (and yes, she really is as tiny as she looks):


1 comment:

-Bridget said...

OMG, that dog is SO cute! And I loved hearing about all of the things J is doing now. He's one smart boy!