- I'm 34.
- Since I started running again (around May) I have run 360 miles. My goal for this year is to do 750. Easy peasy.
- I've lost 28 pounds since my birthday last year. Some of it was baby weight, some of it was Mexican food/wine/mashed potatoes/chocolate weight. I officially weigh less today than I did when I graduated from undergrad at 23. And less than I did at my wedding 9 years ago when I was 25. And less than when I graduated from vet school 7 years ago. And less than I did BEFORE having 2 children.
- I've been a mom for almost 5 years. I can't even wrap my mind around that.
- TH and I have now known each other for almost 20 years. We met in the fall of 1991, when we were both 14, although we weren't really "serious" until a couple years later. We've literally been together more than half of our lives. Again, mind blown by that number.
- Speaking of 14....SIZE FOURTEEN! *fist pump* And it's a loose 14 at that, size 12 is just around the corner. This is huge. No pun intended.
Last year I didn't have resolutions, but I did make goals that I wanted to attain before my 34th. Let's revisit, shall we?
Start running again. Run 2 5K's. Think about a half marathon. Check, check, and check.
Lose the pregnancy weight. Check. See above.
Go away for a weekend with my husband, without kids. Dang. Not yet. *Game show wrong-answer buzzer sound*. I did go "away" for Girls Weekend without kids, which is halfway there. Send this goal back to the front of the line.
Decide what I'm doing with my career - go back for a residency or what? Check. Not going back to school. Big things on the horizon that I can't discuss here.
Debt free except for student loans, mortgage, and cars. Sigh....almost. Actually both cars will be paid off this year. But due to other unforseen circumstances (oh, how I cringe reading last year's birthday post with no idea of what 2010 would bring, things like paying for funerals), we're still working on getting rid of some debt. But we're getting there.
Eat a pomegranate. So, funny story. Yeah, I couldn't do it. Stared at it, gagged, walked away. A whole year and I couldn't bring myself to eat a pomegranate. File that goal in the trash, it's not happening.
So what will 2011/34 bring? It's going to be huge. HUGE. I've got so many balls in the air right now it's not even funny, and at the end I hope to have some major accomplishments. To sample a few:
- Running goals: I'm doing Warrior Dash in August in Colorado with my twin sister, who has also rocked her life and lost FIFTY POUNDS over the past year. I can't even tell you what it will be like for us to cross that finish line together. My second big running goal is to run a half-marathon, which I am planning on doing in December.
- Finish upgrading my kitchen.
- BIG THINGS on the job front. That's all I'll say. So big that it keeps me up at night excited-worried-hyperventilating-freaking out. More to come on that later.
- Size 10.
Here's to another year....