Saturday, December 22, 2007

So unpredictable...

I guess J must have read my blog the other day and felt bad, because for the past 3 days we have been (almost) tantrum-free. We had one minor scuffle last night before bed but I always chalk those up to over-tiredness so he gets a pass on that one. This age is so unpredictable. Just when I hunker down and get ready for weeks (or months, or years) of daily tantrums, he reverts back to his old sweet self. Of course as soon as he has me lulled into a false sense of security where I forget how bad the tantrums really were, he'll come out of nowhere with a major blowup in the middle of a quiet restaurant or something.

J's personality is really starting to come out now that he can talk a little bit. I never knew how much a toddler who can't string a sentence together could make me laugh. Last night he had me and TH in stitches. We turned off all the lights and gave him a flashlight to play with and he kept holding it up to his face and going "yeah" in this really deep voice like Barry White. It may not sound funny but it was HILARIOUS. Then he was hugging both of us and saying "love you!" all night long, and when we put him to bed and were leaving his room he called out "ni-night, Mommy" which was a first and it was so sweet...

Maybe I'll try to catch the flashlight thing on video later. Either that, or I'll tape a really bad tantrum and just put it aside, to be pulled out at some inopportune moment 15 years from now when his cool friends come over.

No comments: