Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Randomness

Thanksgiving was great this year, albeit a bit different than what we're used to. For the first time in awhile we didn't have any friends or family coming over and we weren't travelling for the holiday, so it was just me, TH, and J. I still cooked the whole traditional turkey meal (which was fabulous if I do say so myself), but it was kind of strange having that much food for just us. It was kind of lonely, but on the flip side I really loved all of us being home on the same day for once. Since before vet school I've always worked on the weekends, so it's rare for TH and I to have 2 days in a row together.

So we found out one of the advantages of having a toddler at Christmas time. They're so oblivious to the whole thing that you don't have to hide the gifts! We went shopping today and we bought a few Christmas gifts for J...right in front of him. We just put them in the cart and now they're in a bag in plain sight in the living room, and he has no idea that a)they're toys or b)they're for him.

Lastly...THE RACE IS ONLY 6 DAYS AWAY!! I ran around the neighborhood today and although the run wasn't too bad, I got horrible shin splints. I hope that doesn't happen on Saturday, I really want to finish this thing without (major) pain. Here is a link to the event's website; there are great pics of last year's race with all of the Santas. The countdown is on....
http://www.opportunityvillage.org/content/?c=29

Random J Video of the Week:

No comments: