Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Night Notes

  • The gas crisis is affecting us in interesting ways. The other day, J was refusing to get out of the car seat because he wants to be the one to unbuckle the straps, so we ended up having a standoff in the Target parking lot in 112 degree heat. Every time I tried to wrench him loose (I mean, "gently encourage him to willingly get out of the car"), he started bucking and kicking so hard one of his shoes flew off, screaming "I DO IT!! I DO IT!!". This prompted an internal debate: Give up and go home, thus wasting the precious gas it took to get there, or take a screaming kid into Target and ruin everyone else's serene, peaceful day? Sorry, Target shoppers, you lost. I couldn't waste the gas!
  • The new Guilty Pleasure that J and I enjoy together: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew on MTV. He can lay on the bed and watch a whole episode with me, sitting up to clap with the audience after each performance, saying "Yayyy! Good dassing (dancing)!" I think I could get him to watch So You Think You Can Dance, too, but it comes on after his bedtime. He even watched part of a Project Runway marathon with me today (ok, I know, we're sounding like couch potatoes, but that's why they're guilty pleasures). TH won't watch any of those shows with me...another reason why I gotta love that kid.
  • After a little hiatus, I started running again this week. I kind of fell off the wagon for a few weeks when I was dealing with a sinus infection and we were travelling. It's going...okay. I hate how a few weeks off totally wipes out months of good training. Darnit. I want to run at least 2 more 5Ks this year and maybe a 10K eventually, so I guess I better suck it up.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

LauraC said...

I love Dance Crew also! We tivo both shows and watch just the dancing part with the kids. The love "dassing show"!

Joanna said...

LOL! My local Target shoppers have had a nice taste of two year old as well, but the grocery store shoppers get it the most.

Heidi O said...

I really understand the whole 112 heat with a screaming toddler but add in a preschooler and you get even more excitement. ugh... I am so happy the weather has calmed a little for a while. I swear though everyday is an internal discussion of do I need to go to the store thus getting in my car and using gas.

JenFen said...

That Target story made me laugh - only cuz I have been there; the heat, the overtired and cranky toddler AND preschooler. Only it takes us 45 miles one way to get to the nearest Target so those shoppers lose every time. LOL!

And how cute you and J can enjoy a little guilty pleasure together. Jake likes to watch Dancing with the Stars with me.

BTW - I have something for you on my blog. I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your posts.