Monday, January 14, 2008

Okay, okay, I know it's been awhile but...we've been having too much fun. Finally the Great Sickness has lifted from our house, and J is back to his normal sweet self. I have to admit for a week there I actually wondered if he would ever be my nice, happy toddler again. Granny from Alaska (my mom) has been visiting for a few days and J has amazingly been a PERFECT ANGEL the whole time. I think it's because of this little conversation we had the night before she came:

Me: Were you naughty today at daycare, J?

J: Yeah.

Me: I heard you were hitting and pushing people.

J: Yeah! "No no no!" (wagging his finger at me.)

Me: Well guess what? Granny's coming to see you, and I suggest you get it together and be good while she's here. You know why?

J: (Blank look.)

Me: Let me tell you something about my family. It's a bunch of women, and well, we like to talk. About each other whenever possible. So if you're bad while Granny's here I can guarantee you she's going to call your aunties and talk about you. I'm just letting you know how it is. We like to gossip - I'm not proud of that fact, but there it is. And of course if they talk about you, they're really talking about ME. Which is very annoying. So long story short good behavior would be appreciated.

J: Wow, that was quite a speech Mommy. (well actually he said, "Diego!" and jumped off my lap to go watch Go Diego Go on the computer.)

Whatever the case, it worked. J and Granny have gotten along famously the last few days. They have a very symbiotic relationship. Granny spoils the crap out of J, J accepts the spoiling and throws her a kiss or hug every now and then. We've been out shopping, to restaurants, to the park, and even the bank without one single tantrum or meltdown! J has been strangely obedient, too. If he was like this all the time I wouldn't have anything to write about on this blog LOL. Me and TH were actually able to go house-hunting for 5 hours on Saturday while Granny stayed with J and according to her they had a great time. It was SO GREAT to be able to leave him with someone that isn't charging us by the hour. That's the big drawback to us being out here in LV with absolutely no family around - J never sees anyone except us and daycare, and our one dependable babysitter - she's worth every penny but it's not the same as grandma, ya know?

Note on the house situation: So the house we REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted that we put an offer on last week - nope, we didn't get it. There were 4 offers put in on the same day, and I guess we weren't willing to bankrupt ourselves enough so (sob) it went to someone else. Oh, well. I kind of wish we hadn't even seen that house because now every other house we look at I just compare to that one, and of course since we really liked that one they don't quite measure up. Well actually we did find one we really like so we're putting an offer together today AGAIN. We'll see how it goes. It's a little discouraging but hopefully this time it'll go the way we want.


p.s. Happy Birthday Granny!!

No comments: